Massage is recognized as one the oldest methods of healing and is referenced in medical texts dating back almost 4,000 years. Massage is an excellent complimentary therapy in preventative health care, promoting healing and recovery from chronic conditions, injuries and trauma.
Therapeutic Massage integrates a variety of techniques which are applied to the muscular structure and soft tissues. Massage is highly beneficial to the musculoskeletal, circulatory, lymphatic, nervous and other systems of the body; positively influencing the overall health and wellbeing of the client over time.
At AwenTree, all massage is designed to meet your personal preferences and achieve your wellbeing goals, by combining Swedish, Deep Tissue, Myofascial, Trigger Point Therapy and other techniques during a course of treatments.
During your initial consultation with our massage therapists, and at the beginning of each subsequent session, there will be time to discuss any specific needs or areas of concern you may have and to give feedback that would enhance the effectiveness of your massage.
Wellness Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- releases chronic muscular tension and pain
- increases flexibility and range of motion
- assists in recovery from injuries and illness
- strengthens the immune system and promotes faster healing
- diminishes pain and calms the nervous system
- lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- enhances skin tone
- reduces tension headaches
- reduces stress
- promotes restful sleep
- decreases mental and physical fatigue, and increases concentration